Advance Physical Assessment of the Newborn and InfantCity University London
Preis auf Anfrage
- Bachelor's degree
- Islington (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
The purpose of the module is to equip healthcare professionals with the skills and knowledge that will enable them to competently undertake the physical examination of the newborn within the first 24-72 hours and at 6-8 weeks.
The aim of this module is to:
- Provide an opportunity for you to develop specific knowledge and skills in order to facilitate informed decision making in order to provide high quality newborn and infant physical assessment.
- Facilitate competent physical examination of the baby within the first 24-72 hours after birth and at 6-8weeks.
- Equip you with skills and knowledge required in order to determine normal and abnormal parameters, physical appearance and behavioural responses in term babies and infants at 6-8 weeks.
You must also make a application for APM011 (Critical thinking and Diagnostic Reasoning- Neonatal)
Non EEA students can only apply as part of a programme, not as a stand-alone module.
- Current professional registration with a relevant professional/statutory body or equivalent.
- A current relevant job contract in a clinical area and at least two years' relevant clinical experience.
- If you are undertaking this as part of a Programme you must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and be able to confirm mentorship from either a doctor or Advanced Nurse Practitioner within your workplace.
- You must work at least one day per week in a clinical setting in which advanced practice skills can be acquired.
- A satisfactory academic reference and a satisfactory clinical reference.
For those students whose first language is not English, the following qualification is also required:
- IELTS: 7.0
Please note that due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTs we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for students who require a CAS as of April 2014.Application Deadline: