Advanced Clinical Health Assessment M46CPDCoventry University
£ 580 - (649 €)
- Vocational qualification
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
This module is designed for students from a variety of practice settings to develop health assessment knowledge and skills in order to support their advancing practice role. This module comprises of theory directly related to clinical practice.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This module addresses advancing practice that is both speciality focussed and also embraces the concept of care management across the lifespan.
It provides students with the opportunity to develop their advanced clinical health assessment skills in order to enhance their employment opportunities.
- Academic credit for a named award.
- Opportunity to network with fellow students from a range of disciplines and specialities.
- Access to experts.
- Opportunity to build to a full degree.
- Individuals will be able to challenge current practice and embed evidence based practice into their delivery of care.
- Individuals gain greater job satisfaction which leads to a deeper commitment to service delivery and patient care.
- Cared for by health professionals who have an understanding of the needs of patients with specific problems.
- Care is delivered by health professionals who have contemporary knowledge and understanding of evidence based practice.
- Cared for by health professionals who are committed to providing enhanced care.
Visit our Coventry Health Psychology blog.
On successful completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Use knowledge gained from health assessment modules in order to underpin effective advanced health assessment.
- Use outcomes of advanced health assessment to inform clinical decision making as the basis for prioritising patient care across the lifespan.
- Demonstrate comprehensive physical assessment and justify its components.
This module will be delivered during the Autumn term through a variety of methods, including laboratory study, lectures, directed student activity and self-directed study.
Induction will take place on the first day of each module (excluding Mentoring).HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Coursework 1: 30 minute OSCE
- Coursework 2: 3500 word Written Assignment (100% of module mark)
Laboratory activity – 10 hours
Lectures – 20 hours
Guided student activity – 18 hours
Self-guided student activity – 152 hours
Total activity – 200 hours