Arboriculture IIADL - Academy for Distance Learning
£ 340 - (402 €)
- 100 Lernstunden
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Tree felling supervision
Course Code: BHT208.ARB
Duration: 100 hours
Start: Anytime- from anywhere in the world!
Choose mode of Delivery: CD-ROM, online or correspondence (paper based)
Lesson Structure There are 7 lessons in this course:
- Planting Techniques
- Soil, Water, Climate, Maintenance, Matching a tree to the site, Local regulations, Plant at the right time, Planting techniques, Plant size and age, Container type, Buying a tree, How to plant a tree, Watering method, Transplanting a large tree, Preparing for transplanting, Aftercare, small feature trees, Transplanting deciduous trees, Pruning at planting, Pocket planting, Slope serratioin, Wattling, Planting on Arid sites, Direct seeding, Spray seeding, trees with berries,
- Controlling Plant Problems
- Temperature, Frost, Winds, Acclimatisation, Tree guards, Other Tree Problems (Fire damage, Fire Resistant trees, pollution and toxic reactions, Soil contamination, Treating foliage burn, Soil rehabilitation, Trees to extract soil contaminants, Soil chemical composition, Air pollution and tree growth, pollutant tolerant trees, Pollution intolerant trees, Trees to control Urban air pollution, Dry soils, Symptoms of drought stressed trees, Dry soil tolerant trees, Trees for hot sites, Drainage problems and trees, Wet tolerant trees, Treee health problems, Resistant plant species, Choosing and using pesticides safely, Biological controls of pest and disease, Lifescycles, Tree termites, Tree injections, Tree nutrition and nutrition management, Fertilisers
- Strengthening Weak Trees
- Trimming, Trimming technique, Adverse responses to trimming, thinning, Bracing, temporary props, Modern bracing systems, Bolting, Rodding technique, Guy wires, How strong is dead wood, Cabling
- Controlling Damage Caused by Plants
- Tree damage, Tree root problems, trees that can cause problems with drains, Orecautions with drains, Selecting and using trees near drains, Limiting root problems, Root pruning, Trees and the water table (Aquafiers), Trees and power lines, Poisonous trees,
- Tree Felling and Stump Removal
- Tree evaluation systems, Calculating tree value, Tree removal, Why remove a tree, Tree felling methods, Axe, Saws, Winches, Chain saw, Controlling the fall, Different methods or removing stumps, Protecting trees, National Tree registers, Measuring tree height, Keeping a work site safe, risk assessment, Duty of care, Costing jobs,
- Tolerant Plant Species
- What to plant where, Tree data required, Influence of trees on buildings, Species suitability, Planning considerations, Harsh environments, frost protection, Frost resistant trees, Sun protection, Mulching, Fencing, wind protection, Wind tolerant trees, Soil degradation, Saline tolerant trees, Lime tolerance, Acid tolerance, Hardy trees for inner city, Review of several major genera (Aer, Fraxinus, Pinus, Quercus,
- Establishing a Tree Plantation
- Windbreaks, Windbreak design, Choosing windbreak species, Designing tree plantations, Producing drawings to scale.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Explain how to plant a specified advanced-sized tree on a specific site.
- Explain tree injection, including the technique and applications.
- Identify situations where trees require strengthening operations to be carried out.
- Compare different ways to control roots which invade underground pipes.
- Calculate the cost of removing a specified tree.
- Determine appropriate tree species suited to a specific site visited and analysed.
- Devise a method for removing a tree, including tree felling and stump removal.
- Analyse specimens of mature trees, from different genera, to detect any patterns in problems occurring in those trees.
- Develop criteria for the establishment of a tree plantation on a specific site which addresses; site restrictions, cost and function.