Assessment of the Ill/Injured Child and Young PersonCoventry University
Preis auf Anfrage
- Vocational qualification
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
Recent changes in contemporary healthcare have influenced the structure of care delivery leading to the need of healthcare professionals who can adequately assess ill and injured children and young people. Thus, this module aims to enable health care professionals to develop the necessary knowledge and skills for the conduction of a holistic assessment of ill/injured children and young people. Furthermore, the module will emphasise on the development of students’ pathophysiological knowledge and ability to apply clinical reasoning.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
• This module provides students with the opportunity to acquire valuable and essential skills for the adequate conduction of a holistic assessment of ill and injured children and young people.
• Students will build upon their knowledge of clinical decisions regarding suitable treatments, which can expand their personal development as professionals within the field.WHAT WILL I LEARN?
• An understanding of the different approaches to assessing the C and YP.
• A range of methods and skills required to perform a holistic assessment of the C and YP.
• The ability to use research evidence in the process of implementation of the holistic assessment of children and young people.
• The ability to work as a part of a team in promoting the implementation of evidence-based care.
• The ability to analyse the legal, national and local organisational factors that influence practitioner’s role in the process of the holistic assessment conduction.HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
This module will employ blended learning strategies, including some principles of problem based learning, skills stations, workshops, clinical scenarios and Objective Structures Clinical Examinations (OSCE).HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Coursework 1: 1000 word Reflective Wrapper
Coursework 2: OSCE – PortfolioTEACHING CONTACT HOURS
Guided student activity – 30 hours
Self-guided student activity – 170 hours
Total activity – 200 hours"