Asthma UpdateAnglia Ruskin University
£ 9.250 - (10.658 €)
- Cambridge (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Asthma is a very common respiratory condition. The key pathophysiological feature of Asthma is variable airflow obstruction. This commonly causes symptoms such as wheeze, breathlessness, chest tightness and/or cough.
Asthma prevalence in the UK is one of the highest in the world; as a result, it frequently presents in both primary and secondary health care settings. Effective Asthma management and successful control is based upon the absence of symptoms.
This workshop will provide you with:
- Refreshed knowledge of BTS/SIGN Asthma guidelines (2014)
- A review of successful management
- Application of Asthma Management Plans and their importance
- An update regarding available pharmacological treatments (including review of inhaler devices)
- How to recognise and treat deteriorating asthma
- Dysfunctional breathing in asthma – Speaker: Respiratory Physiotherapist from the Breathlessness intervention Service, Cambridge
This workshop will help you to:
- Improve your knowledge and awareness of asthma
- Improve efficiency – effective management of asthma improves quality of life for sufferers, whilst potentially saving NHS expenditure