Authoring Rules in IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8IBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- Frankfurt am main
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have:
- experience with identifying and defining business policies and rules
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
This 3-day instructor-led course introduces business users to IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8. In this course, you learn the concepts and skills that you need to author, update, and maintain business rules with WebSphere Operational Decision Management.
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of WebSphere Decision Center, which is the primary working environment for business users.
After an overview of Operational Decision Management and the underlying technical features that support rule authoring, the course provides an in-depth look at rule authoring in Decision Center. A realistic case study is used throughout the course to demonstrate how to transform business policies into formal rules. You closely examine the business case study and its underlying business object model (BOM) to understand how the BOM is reflected in the rule editors. You also learn how to write rules in Decision Center, including the Decision Center Business Console, which is new to version 8. The hands-on exercises prepare you for the type of questions and issues that can arise while authoring and maintaining complex and evolving business decisions.
In addition, the course covers Decision Center management features such as queries, analysis, and reporting. You also work with tests and simulations to validate rule behavior.
Note: Decision Center is used as the primary authoring tool throughout this course. However, skills that are mastered in this course are easily transferable to authoring rules in Rule Designer.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows platform.
For information about other related WebSphere courses, visit the WebSphere Education website:
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- Policy Manager Skills for IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8
- Business Analyst Skills for IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8
Über 92% der Teilnehmer/innen erreichen ihr Lehrgangsziel in der vorgegebenen Zeit. Hochqualifizierte Dozenten vermitteln den aktuellen Stand des Wissens in zahlreichen Themenfeldern.
Die Qualität unserer Weiterbildungen ist durch zusätzliche Zertifizierungen wie SAP, Microsoft und LCCI belegt. Unsere Teilnehmer/innen erhalten zu Beginn der Fortbildung ein Welcome-Package.
Erfolge des Zentrums
- Describe the benefits of implementing an Operational Decision Management solution, and the collaboration that is required between the business and development teams
- Identify the key user roles that are involved in designing and developing an Operational Decision Management solution, and the tasks that are associated with each role
- Explain the underlying technical aspects of Operational Decision Management that make rule authoring possible, including the association between the business object model (BOM) and the vocabulary that is used in rules
- Use the Operational Decision Management rule editors to author business rules and decision tables by using the vocabulary and business terms that are associated with the underlying object model
- Use Business Action Language (BAL) to develop appropriate condition and action statements
- Define and use variables to simplify rule authoring and readability
- Use query features to locate and modify rule artifacts, run semantic queries, analyze rules, and generate reports
- Run tests and simulations in Decision Center to validate decision logic and rule