Business Foundation YearCoventry University
£ 6.010 - (6.710 €)
- Foundation degree
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Business and Management
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
The course enables successful students to automatically progress to the Management and Leadership BA (Hons) degree course at Coventry University College. This qualification is designed to meet the needs of those who wish to study in the board field of Business and Management.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
The global economy is becoming more and more competitive and organisations need competent managers to drive business forward. This course aims to provide you with a good grounding if you are looking to start your career in management. You’ll be able to develop your knowledge and understanding of how business operates on national and global scales as well as how to manage and develop staff within organisations.WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Academic skills for higher education (HE)
- Managing and communication
- Managing performance
- Business operations and strategy
- The global, national and local contexts in which business operates;
- The principles of business policy and strategy;
- Sources, uses and management of finances;
- The key theories related to the management and development of people within organisations;
- The principles of the management of resources and operations;
- The principles of academic research skills to apply critical and detailed thinking.
This course will be taught through a variety of methods – lectures, tutorials, self-directed learning, textbooks, module webs, scenario-based learning sets, professional libraries and resources, journals and case studies, seminars, discussion forums and peer-to-peer learning.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
At Coventry University College there are no traditional final examinations to worry about. Instead, we’ll assess your learning through course work and phase tests. Assessments take place at the end of each six-week block. Tutors can provide support through regular updates and tutorials, either online or face to face.TEACHING CONTACT HOURS
As a full-time student a normal learning block will mean that you get 18 hours of teaching each week in groups of approximately 25-50 students. Depending on the course you have chosen, you will attend morning (9.00-13.00) or afternoon (14.00-18.00) sessions. You will also need to attend one two-hour tutorial each week."