Certificate In Virtual Team Building and Management Online CourseCourses For Success
Preis auf Anfrage
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Module One - Getting Study
Module Two - Setting Up Your Virtual Team (Part 1)
- Choose self-motivated people with initiative
- Face to face meetings at first (Kick-off meeting)
- Diversity will add value
- Experienced with technology
Module Three - Setting up Your Virtual Team (Part 2)
- Personality can count as much as skills
- Rules of engagement
- Setting up ground rules
- Icebreakers and introductions
Module Four - Virtual Team Meetings
- Scheduling will always be an issue
- Have a clear objective and agenda
- Solicit additional topics in advance
- Discourage just being a status report
Module Five - Communication (Part 1)
- Early and often
- Rules of responsiveness
- Face to face when possible
- Choose the best tool
Module Six - Communication (Part 2)
- Be honest and clear
- Stay in constant contact
- Don't make assumptions
- Set up email protocols
Module Seven - Building Trust
- Trust your team and they will trust you
- Beware of "us vs them" territorial issues
- Share best practices
- Create a sense of ownership
Module Eight - Cultural Issues
- Respect and emmbrace differences
- Be aware of different work styles
- Know your team members cultural background
Module Nine - To Succeed with a Virtual Team
- Set clear goals
- Create standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Build a team culture
- Provide timely feedback
Module Ten - Dealing with Poor Team Players
- Manage their results, not their activities
- Be proactive, not reactive
- Check in often
- Remove them
Module Eleven - Choosing the Right Tools
- Communication software
- Collaboration and sharing tools
- Prject management software
- Use what works for you and your team
Module Twelve - Wrapping Up
Words from the Wise
- JOHN LE CARE - A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world.
- PAUL HAWKEN - Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them.
- THOMAS J. WATSON, JR - I believe the real difference between success and failure in a corporation can be very often traced to the question of how well the organisation brings out the great energies and talents of its people.
- AGHA HASAN ABEDI - The conventional definition of management is getting work done through people, but real management is developing people through work.
- LEE LACOCCA - Start with good people, lay out the rules, commnicate with your employees, motivate them, and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can't miss.
Through well-crafted lessons, expert online instruction, participants in these courses gain valuable knowledge at their convenience. They have the flexibility to study at their own pace combined with enough structure and support to complete the course. And they can access the course 24/7 from anywhere with an Internet connection.
There are 6 units plus resources that include the 60 point wedding plan, contract and invoice templates. The course is entirely Web-based with comprehensive units and a final assessement.