Child and Adolescent Mental HealthAnglia Ruskin University
Preis auf Anfrage
- Cambridge (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
You will have the opportunity to extend and deepen your role in supporting troubled young people in the context of current policies, legislation, systems, functions and organisation of care.
Our course will prepare you for work in partnership with children and young people with mental health problems and enable you to work collaboratively within any multidisciplinary and multi-agency service. Our course guides and supports you through the research process and its application to this area of work and study.
Our course is organised for proactive learning, designed to facilitate reflective practice and a progressive learning experience using lectures, inquiry-based learning, role play, student presentations and a rich variety of learning resources.
Our course is designed on the basis of multidisciplinary and inter-agency participation in terms of the student membership and the profile of teaching input. This will encourage and develop the interchange of ideas, working strategies and research in order to contribute to the growing evidence base in this area of knowledge and practice.
Our course will attract employers and training organisations keen to respond to the policy and practice imperatives prompting the government focus on child, adolescent and young people's mental health problems and emotional well-being.
- Collaborative Practice in Working with Children and Adolescents Level 4 (30 Credits)
- Assessment of Child and Adolescent Development for Mental Health Level 4 (30 Credits)
- Mental Health Problems and Therapeutic Interventions for Children & Adolescents Level 4 (30 Credits)
- Research Studies Level 4 (30 Credits)
- Designated Option Module Level 4 (30 Credits)
- Dissertation/Project Level 4 (30 credits) or Dissertation/Project Level 4 (60 credits)*
- Advanced Mental Health Practice Level 4 (30 credits)
- Recognition & Assessment of Substance Misuse and Interventions for its Management Level 4 (30 credits)
- Psychoanalytic & Psychodynamic Concepts & the Correlation to Serious Mental Illness Level 4 (30 credits)
- Early Intervention in Psychoses Level 4 (30 credits)
- Managing Cognitive Impairment Level 4 (30 credits)
- Developing Empowerment Practice Level 4 (30 credits)
* Credit rating of Dissertation/Project is dependent on preference in undertaking an option module.
The focus is on evidencing strong links between theory and practice. Assignments based on practice case studies and work-based learning outcomes are used to provide opportunities for students to demonstrate enhancement of their knowledge base and practical skills.
Career opportunities: On completing our course successfully, you can anticipate being in a strong position to secure employment in primary or specialist CAMH services, or to consolidate and improve your position within your existing organisation as a specialist or manager in CAMH.