Children’s Fiction WorkshopCity University London
Preis auf Anfrage
- Short course
- Islington (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
IT for adults
Skills and Training
Writing for children
Over the 10-week short course programme, you will learn:
* How the UK children’s fiction market is structured from age 3-16, how do you identify the age-group you are writing for, and what do publishers expect?
* Working with an illustrator: how words and pictures work together in picture books
* Plotting your story
* How to make your characters stand out
* The importance of voice in children’s literature – and how to find yours
* Using dialogue and humour to bring scenes to life
* Tips for research and world-building
* Writing, rewriting and sharing – learning how to give and take constructive criticism, and the importance of the editing process
* The different routes to publication, and what agents and publishers expect from a new author
* Finding friends, getting help and setting realistic goals to keep you moving with your manuscript
Delivered over 10 weekly evening sessions, the Children’s Fiction Workshop short course will help you take your writing to the next level, and give you a set of practical techniques to work with, as well as an insight into the children’s fiction market.
Teaching and Assessment
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions as guided by your tutor.