China (Part 10): Greater China Today: The People's Republic, Taiwan, and Hong Kong - Harvard UniversityedX
Zu verbessern N/A.
Kurs abgeschlossen: Oktober 2016 | Recomendarías este centro? Sí.
Zu verbessern Nothing.
Kurs abgeschlossen: September 2015 | Recomendarías este centro? Sí.
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
China (Part 10): Greater China Today: The People's Republic, Taiwan, and Hong Kong is the tenth of ten parts of ChinaX, that collectively span over 6,000 years of history. Each part consists of 4 to 8 weekly "modules," each with videos, readings, interactive engagements, assessments, and discussion forums. There are a total of 52 modules in ChinaX.
Parts 6 - 10 make up China and the Modern World, taught by Professor William C. Kirby. Parts 1 - 5 make up China: Civilization and Empire, taught by Professor Peter K. Bol.
- To examine the period from Deng Xiaoping’s rise in 1978 to the present, through the disciplines of sociology, political science and economics.
- How China has maintained one-party rule in an era of reform and internationalization.
- Five main themes in China’s rapid development: agriculture, entrepreneurship, education, environment, and literature, using Harvard Business School cases to better understand the contemporary Chinese scene.
- Examine Greater China, with a focus on the Taiwan model, and Taiwan’s relationship with the People’s Republic of China.
- How contemporary developments, and the current conception of a “Chinese Dream” are influenced by the legacies of China’s past.
- To evaluate questions including: “Can China Lead?” and "Will the 21st century be “the Chinese century?”
- To develop your own approaches to history and gain a critical appreciation of China’s literary, philosophical, political and cultural resources.
- To express ideas more clearly and confidently; to think more analytically and critically through the study of primary and secondary sources.