CICS Command Level Coding - WBTIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have:
- Working knowledge of the underlying operating system platforms
- Basic knowledge of CICS fundamentals (as t/08/ht in course CICS V5 Fundamentals (WM851))
- COBOL or PL/I application development skills
- Basic knowledge of application design and programming
In this course, you learn how to design, code, and debug command-level CICS application programs for e-business or traditional environments. The course applies to the entire family of CICS products.
The course begins with an overview of the CICS application programming environment and the design of CICS applications. Subsequent topics include debugging, working with CICS queues, front-end programming, basic mapping, and event processing. In addition, optional units introduce topics such as CICS web applications and business transaction services.
Recorded demonstrations throughout the course cover skills such as debugging with the CDEF utility, linking CICS applications to outside applications, and writing sample programs.
This course is applicable to all releases of CICS TS V5.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- Application Developer skills for CICS Transaction Server V5
- Design and develop application programs for CICS environments
- Design applications with/09/arate presentation and business logics
- Describe the purpose of the CICS Clients
- Code CICS commands
- Pass and receive control between program modules
- Describe and compare the CICS COMMAREA and the CICS channel and container interface
- Prepare programs and run tests, including problem determination and resolution, by using messages and online interactive debugging tools
- Access and modify Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM) files, DB2 databases, temporary storage, and transient data queues
- Respond to normal and exception conditions from CICS commands
- Send and receive basic mapping support (BMS) maps