Civil Engineering HNCCoventry University
Preis auf Anfrage
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
The building and civil engineering courses are all vocational, being targeted at educating people to take up professional roles in specific construction based disciplines in professional offices, local government departments and the manufacturing sector within industry.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
The building and civil engineering courses are all vocational, being targeted at educating people to take up professional roles in specific construction based disciplines in professional offices, local government departments and the manufacturing sector within industry.
Students will gain an insight into the full breadth of design and construction disciplines that collaborate in the multi-disciplinary construction industry and value the benefit of practical experience brought to the course by part-time students working in industry. They will also have a sound base to further their education and training to become professionally qualified.
This programme will support a range of students, including those looking to progress academically and those wishing to support or broaden their work based skills and learning. The delivery mode is simply one way in which Coventry University College is taking an innovative approach to higher education and for which the College wishes to be known.WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Mandatory modules are:
- Construction Industry Management;
- Construction Technology and Design;
- Construction Science;
- Civil Engineering Practice.
On successful completion of the programme you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- contemporary issues relating to a sustainable built environment, including social, environmental and economic aspects;
- appropriate mathematical methods, including those needed for modelling engineering problems;
- common construction materials;
- management practice and construction procurement;
- principles civil engineering and construction technology, methods and procedures;
- building science with respect to materials, structure, services and internal environment;
- the legal and regulatory framework within which buildings are constructed;
- health and safety in built environment design and construction;
- preparation of project reports;
- design processes used in construction;
- management of the design process and the production of project documentation, including the planning, budgeting and control of costs;
- relevant principles of applied mechanics in the main areas of structural mechanics and soil mechanics;
- surveying and setting out.
You will learn through a variety of methods:
- self-directed learning;
- module webs;
- scenario-based learning sets;
- professional libraries and resources;
- journals and case studies;
- access to industry experts and practitioners;
- asynchronous online seminars;
- discussion forums;
- peer-to-peer learning.
Assessment will take the form of individual and group coursework, which is vocationally relevant. The wide range of assessment techniques will ensure that students are given every opportunity to demonstrate their skills in these areas.TEACHING CONTACT HOURS
This course is delivered as day release on Wednesdays from 9.00-18.00."