Clinical Leadership and Entrepreneurship (Online) 315CPDCoventry University
£ 780 - (873 €)
- Vocational qualification
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Due to the increasing need for radical development of new approaches to the provision of care, this module aims to provide students with the unique opportunity to examine the new theories of clinical leadership, applied systems thinking and learning organization. This knowledge could help students in promoting creative approaches to dilemmas of clinical practice. Furthermore, this module gives students a chance to become well-acquainted with the different strategies of leadership and quality and service improvement.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This module is easily accessible online via e-learning. It provides students with the opportunity to:
- Develop their knowledge on clinical leadership in order to successfully promote creative approaches to a variety of dilemmas within the clinical practice of their own profession/speciality.
- Enhance their knowledge in entrepreneurship, allowing them to expand their range of employment opportunities.
- Academic credit for a named award.
- Opportunity to network with fellow students from a range of disciplines and specialities.
- Access to experts.
- Opportunity to build to a full degree.
- Individuals will be able to challenge current practice and embed evidence based practice into their delivery of care.
- Individuals gain greater job satisfaction which leads to a deeper commitment to service delivery and patient care.
On successful completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Critically analyse theories of leadership and apply them to the clinical setting.
- Evaluate contemporary organisation theory and its applications to health and social care provision.
- Critically reflect on professional-patient relationships with the emphasis on improving the quality of the patient’s experience.
- Analyse the shifting relationships between professional identity, managerial imperatives and social entrepreneurship.
The teaching program of this module takes place during the Autumn term. It combines online lectures and small group seminars utilising interactive teaching along with independent self-directed methods of learning.
We welcome students with disabilities. We recognise that education is a right for all who can benefit from it and that students with disabilities have an equal right of access to higher education. Our staff also recognise that individuals with disabilities are the best source of expertise about themselves and their needs. All students with disabilities should be able to participate as far as is reasonably practical in the educational and social activities we make available. Such students should be encouraged to expect equal treatment as individuals and that they and their work will be considered solely on the basis of their quality.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Coursework 1: 3500 word Online Portfolio (100% of module mark)TEACHING CONTACT HOURS
Guided student activity – 20 hours
Lectures – 10 hours
Seminars – 20 hours
Tutorials – 20 hours
Self-guided student activity – 130 hours
Total activity – 200 hours