Clinical Practice in Manual Therapy (Clinical Placement) M57PHCoventry University
Preis auf Anfrage
- Vocational qualification
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
This module is designed to synthesise the theoretical and practical components developed through the core physiotherapy module and the specialist modules. Students will have the opportunity to work in a variety of clinical settings in order to further develop their skills in clinical reasoning and the integration of theory and practice.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- This module meets the international standards for manipulative therapy and allows the students to apply for MACP (Manipulative Association of Chartered Physiotherapists) membership.
- The module will assist students in the development of their expertise within their own working environment.
- To reflect upon and evaluate own approach to practice.
- To develop a range of psychomotor skills.
- To evaluate interpersonal and communicational skills.
- To perform patient examination in a safe and effective manner.
- To further develop clinical reasoning skills.
- To demonstrate appropriate selection and progression of a holistic and effective patient-centred management plan.
- To demonstrate the appropriate integration of theory, practice and research in the context of clinical practice.
Throughout the module, student activity will comprise of lectures, a placement and self-directed study. A range of specialist placements will be available and students will be allocated a placement in order to suit their individual needs. The clinical work place environment will facilitate the acquisition of further clinical skills and knowledge.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Coursework 1: Clinical Viva (100% of module mark)
Coursework 2: Clinical Management PortfolioTEACHING CONTACT HOURS
Lectures – 5 hours
Placement – 175 hours
Self-guided student activity – 20 hours
Total activity – 200 hours"