Cognos 8 BI Professional WorkshopIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have passed all three of the following exams:
- Cognos 8 BI Author
- Cognos 8 BI Modeler
- Cognos 8 BI Administrator
- Knowledge of Cognos Solutions Implementation Methodology (Cognos SIM), Enterprise Business Intelligence Ro
This course is developed and owned by an IBM Authorized Global Training Provider: Arrow ECS
Derivative Works Courses are developed by an IBM authorized Global Training Provider. The content of the course is based on IBM products and services. It offers skills or services that IBM does not offer in the course catalog today and are intended to compliment our existing portfolio. The course is developed by the Training Provider. IBM solely provides a market place to advertise the courses on our external websites, ibm.com/training and lists the Global Training Provider who owns the content.
The Cognos 8 BI Professional Workshop is a 5-day, instructor-led, workshop intensive course that is a follow-up to basic BI product training and certification. A voucher is required to register for this workshop. You can request the voucher through the Certification Mailbox.
In addition to instructor-led presentations, students will participate in several team/role based (e.g. modeler, administrator, author) workshops designed to give experience in addressing scenarios typically encountered by BI developers and consultants in the field. The workshops are open ended in that there is no right answer. Instead, the teams will present their solutions to the rest of the class for discussion.
Lectures and in-class workshops will cover the following areas:
- using a practical and effective development method and approach
- determining/ confirming user requirements including key metrics required
- producing a logical design to address the business requirements
- recommending or correct matching of components to different groups of users
- recommending initial multi-server installation and configuration for development, test, and production environments
- validating developed solutions against user requirements
In addition to the in-class workshops, each team will be required to complete a final comprehensive workshop. The teams will be given approximately one day to prepare a prototype solution from new business requirements interview notes, using a previously unseen (non-trivial) database. Each team will present their solution to the instructor (acting as the client) and to the rest of the class for questions and critiques.
Please refer to the course overview for description information.