Curating and Exhibition ManagementCity University London
Preis auf Anfrage
- Short course
- Islington (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
The Curating and Exhibition Management short course provides an insight into the development and delivery of balanced exhibitions.
We will explore current curatorial practice, programming and audiences in presenting commercial and academic exhibitions along with legal and practical aspects. Sessions include presentations by the course leader, visiting lecturers from the industry and a number of field trips to innovative visual art venues.
You will acquire an understanding of the complexities, stakeholders and schedules involved in managing and executing exhibitions. In addition, pitfalls and how they can be overcome to avoid negative outcomes are considered and discussed.
This pathway offers nuts and bolts experiences to progress your knowledge and prepare you should you contemplate pursuing a career in this professional environment.
The Visual Art programme will cover current issues including but not exclusive:
- Curatorial Practice - Beyond the White Cube
- Topics and audiences, programming in private institutions & commercial galleries
- V&A and/or Tate curator, guest speaker (tbc)
- Zabulodowicz Collection - visit (tbc)
- Exhibitions UK and internationally from an organizational perspective
- Art Angel - visit (tbc) Budgets, cost sharing, artwork selection, communication, agreements, documentation
- Logistics, H&S, condition reports, insurance, invitations, press release and social media
- Installation and display
- Working with the media, guest speaker from Artlyst (tbc)
- A presentation of agreed course assignment
Teaching and Assessment
Through informal assessment activities such as group discussions, presentations and essays. Students will be expected to deliver a comprehensive presentation covering curation and exhibition management as agreed with the course tutor.