Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should take the following courses or quivalent knowledge/05/be substituted for these courses.
- An Introduction to Data Storage Subsystems (SS05G)
- Storage Management Fundamentals (SS06G) or Storage Management Fundamentals (SK06G)
It is recommended that the student have programming experience which will aid in the writing of the ACS routines.
This course provides the skills required to plan and implement Data Facility Storage Management Subsystem (DFSMS). A step-by-step implementation strategy, emphasizing coexistence considerations, is reinforced by hands-on labs. In the hands-on labs, students will be creating constructs as well as coding ACS routines. This milestone approach includes managing temporary and permanent data sets. The course also discusses exploitation of functions provided by DFSMS as the installation evolves to the DFSMS environment.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- IBM Enterprise Storage
- Establish a DFSMS configuration to automatically enforce your installation's storage management policies
- Convert service level requirements into appropriate parameters for data class, storage class, management class, and storage groups
- Create and test automatic class selection (ACS) routines
- Convert volumes and move data to system-managed volumes with data
- facility data set services (DFSMSdss)
- Specify appropriate management class and storage group parameters for
- DFSMShsm processing of system-managed data sets
- Establish procedures to control, manage, and recover the storage management subsystem with ISMF and operator commands
- Develop a DFSMS implementation plan