Electronic Engineering MScCoventry University
Preis auf Anfrage
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
This course is expected to be offered at our partner institution, Middle East College, Sultanate of Oman, subject to approval from Ministry of Higher Education, Sultanate of Oman.
The MSc Electronic Engineering course is designed to further develop students’ knowledge of and expertise in specialist engineering subjects associated with the main application areas of electronic engineering with particular prominence given to microelectronics applications, mathematics and control, sensors and measurement technology, digital systems design with VHDL and digital signal processing.
The course places special emphasis on applied technical work and strengthens the engineering development skills of students from an academic background. Such work will provide the demonstrable expertise necessary to help secure professional level employment in related industries. The topics covered also give students the opportunity to study contemporary research work in their discipline.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- The programme is delivered by a specialist team of academics at Middle East College;
- Personal tutor support throughout the postgraduate study;
- Coventry University collaborated course with partner institution at Muscat and hence will have excellent links with a number of industrial organisations and enable access to the latest technology and real-world applications.
At the end of the programme students should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- advanced principles of electronic engineering and their relationship to contemporary, real-world applications;
- advanced analysis and design tools and processes relevant to the programme’s subject areas;
- the implementation and critical evaluation of design solutions relevant to the subject areas through simulation and practical applications;
- the planning, execution and critical evaluation of projects in the field of electronic engineering at a professional or equivalent level, including contemporary research projects.
The mandatory study topics are as follows:
- VHDL for Digital System Design;
- Mathematics for Computing and Control;
- Linear Control Engineering;
- Microprocessor Applications;
- Sensor and Measurement Technology;
- Digital Signal and Image Processing;
- Individual Project.
The remainder of the taught programme is made up of two optional modules. The options available may vary from year to year but currently include:
- Digital Communication Systems;
- Computer Architecture and Principles;
- Wireless Intelligent Systems;
- Project Management.
The substantial individual project gives students the opportunity to work on a detailed area of related technology alongside an experienced academic supervisor. Some projects are offered in conjunction with the work of the academic researchers or industry.
Typical project titles include:
- Embedded network interface development for measurement instruments;
- Wireless sensors for industrial thermocouple temperature monitoring;
- Digital signal processing for security applications;
- Mobile robotics applications.
The course will be taught at our partner institution, Middle East College in Muscat, Oman. It will involve a varied experience of traditional lecture classes combined with laboratories, tutorials and project work.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
The principal assessment methods normally used to enable outcomes to be achieved and demonstrated are coursework assignments, in-class tests, examinations and student presentations."