Electronic Records Management (ERM) trainingIMF Academy
- 4 Lernstunden
Häufig gestellte Fragen
· Welche Ziele werden in diesem Kurs verfolgt?
The Electronic Records Management (ERM) training provides a detailed coverage of records management in the electronic environment for people working in both the public and private sector. Through attendance in this program, delegates will be able to consolidate their current position and standing, as well as prepare for future career development in a more senior role in the management and development of an organization’s records and information management strategy.
· An wen richtet sich dieser Kurs?
The Electronic Records Management (ERM) training is designed for Business Managers, IT Managers, Compliance Officers, Archivists, Librarians, Risk Managers, Records Managers and Information Managers, as well as for solution providers, sales consultants, project managers, and technical staff.
After joining the Master Course, the exam and case study exercise are available via the internet. The course participant must pass these within 3 months of attending the training course.
· Welche Schritte folgen nach der Informationsanfrage?
You will be awarded the AIIM ERM Master (ERMm) designation after passing the online exam and case study exercise. By earning this designation, you can call yourself an ERM Master.
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
IMF is an independent publisher of distance learning courses and organizer of hot topical classroom based trainings and in-company trainings. Should you have questions of suggestions, please contact us at +31 40 246 02 20 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ERM Master (ERMm)The Electronic Records Management (ERM) Certificate Program explores records management in relation to the business needs of all types of organizations both in the public and private sector, embracing all records but with a particular emphasis on electronic records.
You will be awarded the AIIM ERM Master (ERMm) designation after passing the online exam and case study exercise.
This is a new AIIM standard for industry professionalism and knowledge. By earning this designation, you can call yourself an ERM Master. You can use the associated logo and title on your business card, email signature, web page, etc. The exam and case study exercise are available via the internet and you must pass these within 3 months of attending the training course.
Day I: Strategic Component - (Why ERM?)
- Understand ERM business drivers
- Be able to do a “wake up call” about the need for best practice ERM
- Make explicit link between ERM and current situation
- Demonstrate how ERM affects each user
- Understand the concepts of ERM and show how it supports information challenges
- Identify necessary resources and responsibilities for implementing ERM
- Explore the implications of a strategic ERM decision
- Gain commitment for change
- What’s involved?
- Who’s responsible?
- Case Studies
Day II: Concepts Component - (What is ERM?)
- Understand Records Management terminology
- Understand the lifecycle of records with focus on electronic records
- Consider the sources of records and appropriate capture mechanisms
- Explain the concepts of classification and different approaches depending on local business needs
- Review current metadata standards and guidelines
- Understand search and retrieval
- Explore different levels of access control and permissions
Day III: Concepts
- Determine retention or disposal
- Creating records, Classification Schemes
- Review digital preservation techniques
- Determine migration
- Agree upon ERM administration and audit
- Identify necessary Legislation, Standards and Regulation
- Understand discovery, disclosure and related issues
Day IV: Process Component - (How to implement ERM?)
- Manage an ERM program consisting of several coordinated projects
- Identify the new roles, responsibilities and organizational structure to provide governance and management of an ERM facility
- Understand “Concept of Operations” as a shared vision of an ERM future
- Develop an Information Survey – what information do we have?
- Develop a Business Case for ERM
- Identify the business requirements of the ERM system
- Develop and implement a Business Classification Scheme
- Explain the details of user groups and users
- Understand the impact of implementing ERM on the organization’s IT infrastructure
- Understand Pilot Implementation / Model Office
- Define and explain the roll-out stage of ERM projects
- Recognize steps involved with sustaining ERM after implementation and realizing the benefits
- Post-workshop Case Study