Energy and Environmental Technology and EconomicsCity University London
Preis auf Anfrage
- Islington (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
It addresses the implementation of energy management systems and technologies including renewables. Issues involved in the energy supply side are covered as well as environmental aspects arising from the use of fuels for industrial and transport purposes.
The course is accredited by the Energy Institute and fulfils the learning requirement for Chartered Engineer status.
The course is organised into modules which are taught over a four day period, at a rate of one module a month.
- Introduction to Energy and Environmental Issues
- Energy Policies and Economic Dimensions
- The Energy Market from the Purchaser's Perspective
- Corporate Energy Management
- Energy, Consumer Goods and the Home
- Transport Energy and Emissions
- Energy in Industry and the Built Environment
- Emissions Trading
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability
- Energy Conversion Technology
Completion of eight modules and examinations will lead to the award of a Postgraduate Diploma. The completion of modules, examinations and a dissertation will lead to the award of a Masters degree. Students interested in this course may also be interested in the MSc Renewable Energy and Power Systems Management.
Read the full programme specification
Teaching and Assessment
The programme teaching is organised into modules comprising four consecutive day courses taken at a rate of one a month or so. This format makes the programme attractive to those who wish to study part time while retaining full-time jobs.
Full-time students are also welcomed and will be expected to devote a significant part of their non-taught hours to project work as well as private study. Much support is given to students, part time and full time, with their preparation for the modules and in their project...