Engineering Management MBACoventry University
£ 9.602 - (10.770 €)
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
The MBA is seen by many as an essential passport to success in senior management. It is the senior managers of engineering/manufacturing companies that face the challenge of delivering success for their companies, and it is this MBA in Engineering Management that helps prepare students for such roles.
The focus of the course is on international operations in the engineering sector and, within this context, developing student capability to successfully manage and grow an engineering company at the highest levels.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
A distinctive feature of this course is the practical approach adopted in delivering the carefully selected mix of engineering and general management topics, combined with the use of computer simulation and the extensive use of Activity Led Learning. The course is aimed at graduates or experienced managers, and is designed:
- With a focus on enhancing students’ practical managerial and engineering capabilities in work-related areas of business.
- Such that students obtain a sound knowledge of business strategy and an understanding of key business functions.
- So that the important role of engineering in strategic management can be fully appreciated.
- With the aim of demonstrating the potential that the manufacturing function has to significantly increase company competitiveness and long term profitability, and how this can be achieved.
- Such that students are able to interact with one another through forums, and work together as virtual groups.
You will study:
- Engineering strategic management.
- Principles of marketing.
- Financial analysis and decision making.
- Human resource management.
- Global lean and agile manufacture.
- Entrepreneurship and innovation for engineers.
- Optimisation and simulation.
- Sustainability and the environment.
- Study skills and research methods
In addition, students must satisfactorily complete a significant strategy-based project, or a strategy-related industry based project.HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
The full-time course is offered during the daytime, and is a mix of lectures, tutorials, computer simulation, case studies, and group activities and discussion."