Environmental PlanningAnglia Ruskin University
Preis auf Anfrage
- Bachelor's degree
- Cambridge (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
The balance between protecting the natural environment and housing a growing population is an area of increasing importance, making this course not only highly relevant but also very valuable.
This course brings together a range of disciplines to address the often difficult questions that surround town and environmental planning in a densely populated island. Specific attention is paid to the East of England region, where many of the issues and controversies around the subject are brought into sharp focus.
Year one core modules
- Architecture and Planning Design Studio
- Transferable Skills for the Built Environment
- Evolution of the Built Environment and Housing
- Social Trends and Diversity
- Introduction to Civil Law and Legislation
- Political Processes
Year two core modules
- Site Studies, Planning and Design
- Economics of Property Development
- Planning Procedures and Practice
- Theory and Development of Planning
- Plan Making and Policy
- Planning Implementation
- Study of European Practice
Year three core modules
- Planning Analysis and Techniques
- Built Environment Major Project
- Environment Management for the Construction Industry
- Professionalism, Values and Ethics
You have a choice at level 3 and 4 of following a route in either Sustainability, Urban Design or Housing.
Assessment is via a mix of examination, assignments, presentations, practical work and group work.
Career opportunities: This degree can lead to a career in planning, working for local or national government, private consultancies or in education and research. Professional RTPI qualifications can help you on your way to a succesful career in this fascinating and demanding field.