Ethics; the Law and Professional PracticeCoventry University
Preis auf Anfrage
- Vocational qualification
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
If you’d like to know more about our courses, tweet us with your questions! #AskCU— Coventry University (@covcampus) September 26, 2012 OVERVIEW
This module is designed to provide healthcare professionals with the opportunity to examine the principles of Ethics and the Law in order to develop critical perception of the effect of such considerations on their current and further professional practice.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
• This module provides students with the opportunity to receive specialist teaching from a variety of experts addressing some of the practical issues currently faced by the healthcare professional.
• This module can contribute to the preparation of healthcare practitioners for their further development as professionals within the field of their own clinical practice.
Visit our Health Psychology blog.
• The strengths and weaknesses of the major ethical theories.
• The ethical dilemmas in healthcare practice and an ability to find appropriate solutions to such issues.
• The organisation of the English Legal System.
• How to apply English case law to healthcare practice.
• The contribution of ethics to the development of health related law.
• The contribution of professional codes of ethics and standards of practice to ethical decision making.
• How to identify possible conflicts between ethical and legal obligations.
This module will use a range of teaching methods and learning strategies. Module’s content will be delivered through lead lectures, seminars and tutorials. Self-directed study will also be encouraged.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Coursework 1: 3000 word Essay (60% of module mark)
Coursework 2: Seminar Presentation (40% of module mark)
Seminars – 33 hours
Self-guided student activity – 167 hours
Total activity – 200 hours