Evidence Based Assistive Technology M51OTCoventry University
£ 597 - (667 €)
- Vocational qualification
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Health and Social Care
If you’d like to know more about our courses, tweet us with your questions! #AskCU— Coventry University (@covcampus) September 26, 2012 OVERVIEW
The module will provide the student with the opportunity to explore and critique the evidence base underpinning a range of assistive and communication technologies used in health, social care and community settings.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
Students will use search skills to find the evidence and critical skills to review its quality. This will involve students considering the processes for selecting, using, providing and evaluating appropriate assistive technologies (AT).WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The module will cover:
- introduction to evidence based practice in AT : Process for finding the evidence, Evaluation of the evidence , Service user involvement in the generation and appraisal of evidence;
- applying the evidence to work, social and home environments, for example assistive devices, electronic assistive devices, environmental controls and telecare, assistive and augmentative communication devices and new innovations in AT;
- the AT assessment process and clinical reasoning;
- the provision of AT in social services, education services, older people’s services including mental health;