German-Indian Management StudiesHochschule Hof
- An 2 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
Applicants require an outstanding Bachelor degree in any study programme from an accredited institution. International applicants need to provide proof of their proficiency in English. We accept for instance TOEFL internet-based test (minimum score: 79) or TOEFL computer-based test (minimum score: 213) TOEFL paper-based test (minimum score: 550)
This Master programme is distinct from others by its regional focus: The target countries of economic interaction are Germany and India. All modules of the programme refer to these target countries so that the students will gain a profound insight into these countries. The mixed Indian-German team facilitates hands-on training of intercultural sensitising in the students' everyday life as well as the daily experience of differing mindsets and perceptions. Studying in both countries and drawing up of the Master thesis abroad cater for the intensification of cross-cultural experiences.
This Master programme conveys knowledge in the following main areas:
1. Particular management knowledge primarily with reference to value creation: Purchasing and Procurement Logistics, Location Planning Production networks, Marketing and Market Cultivation, After Sales Services.
2. Knowledge of supportive management activities such as Global Business Management, Human Resources Management, Investment and Financing, Accounting and Controlling, Financial Reporting, German and European Business and Labour Law and Fiscal Law, legal aspects in India as well as economic fundamentals.
3. Country-specific knowledge as well as cross-cultural trainings: Contemporary India and Germany, leadership of personnel / work in multicultural teams, intercultural competency.
4. Key qualifications such as social and methodological competences to complete the personal profile of an internationally successful manager: project and process management, social skills, operations research.
5. Application of the gained knowledge to hands-on problem solving: virtual corporate strategic planning simulation as well as the Master thesis. During the course of this Master thesis a practical problem is to be resolved scientifically within an Indian enterprise or a German enterprise in India. The Master thesis will be combined with an internship at the respective firm.
Duration: 4 semesters (3 theoretical, one practical)
Commence: Only Winter Semester
Application Deadline: June 15