Global Finance MScCoventry University
£ 10.500 - (11.755 €)
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
This programme is aimed at finance students and professionals who seek specialist knowledge on the curriculum of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) through a postgraduate degree.
The programme enables participants to build a general framework in finance which will reflect core candidate body of knowledge in professional finance exams required by global financial institutions. Students who wish to gain these qualifications must register and complete the final examinations with the relevant professional bodies.
Courses are taught by academics who have finance industry background gained through working as analyst or manager in leading investment bank and asset management firm.
Students on this programme can utilise the new trading floor on campus with professional software such as Bloomberg Terminals, S&P Capital IQ Platform, STATA and TradeStation, and specifically designed financial simulation software such as Oxyor and Volcube. This provides the programme with a distinctive and innovative edge and equips students with transferable skills.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
There are many reasons to study at the London Campus including:
- our focus on employability;
- our location in the heart of the City of London;
- our work experience opportunities;
- the personalised attention we dedicate to students;
- our industry links;
- our industry trained Teaching Fellows;
- our top rankings.
As well as this, there are also a number of reasons to look forward to studying this programme specifically:
- a university programme which ranks top 7th in accounting and finance (2016 Guardian University Subject League Table);
- an opportunity to participate in exam preparation for professional qualifications (CFA and FRM);
- a programme taught by academics that have backgrounds within the finance industry having worked as analysts or managers in leading investment banks, asset management firms or hedge funds;
- an opportunity to participate in international field trips to global financial centres and experience leading lectures from high-profile figures in finance;
- a unique experience delivered by a top 15th UK University with strong foundations in educating business leaders.
- Academic and Professional Skills
- Ethics and Quantitative Methods Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Trading Economics
- Employability and Consulting Skills
- Global Financial Markets
- Valuation of Equity and Fixed Income
- Corporate Finance (CFA) or Risk Analysis and Financial Modelling (FRM)
- Portfolio Management
- Empirical Finance and Accounting Research Methods
- Fixed Income, Derivatives and Alternative Investment (CFA) or Financial Risk Management (FRM)
The final term project options include the following:
- Individual Consulting Project
- Group Consulting Project
- Financial Simulation
MSc programmes are delivered over four terms of 10 weeks.
All students study core finance modules, additional skills modules and a final term project.
Students will study twelve modules and will be guided through the course in preparation for professional finance exam."