Health Assessment 359CPDCoventry University
£ 780 - (873 €)
- Vocational qualification
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
This module is designed for students working in a variety of medical practice settings and aims to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge in order to enable them to conduct holistic health assessment.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- This module provides students with an exciting opportunity to develop their understanding of holistic health assessment in order to apply acquired knowledge from the module to their own professional practice.
- The module emphasises on the effective acquisition of clinical skills and requires senior mentor support for students in practice.
- Academic credit for a named award.
- Opportunity to network with fellow students from a range of disciplines and specialities.
- Access to experts.
- Opportunity to build to a full degree.
- Individuals will be able to challenge current practice and embed evidence based practice into their delivery of care.
- Individuals gain greater job satisfaction which leads to a deeper commitment to service delivery and patient care.
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Use patients’ history for making appropriate decision in relation to patient’s health status.
- Conduct physical examination in order to accurately identify patient’s health problems.
- Use appropriate investigative procedures and interpret findings in relation to patient’s health status.
This module will be delivered through a combination of directed and self-directed activities, including lectures, laboratory workshops and seminars.
Tuesdays (during any term) 9am - 5am (first week), 9am - 1pm (remaining 10 weeks).
Induction will take place on the first day of each module (excluding Mentoring).
We welcome students with disabilities. We recognise that education is a right for all who can benefit from it and that students with disabilities have an equal right of access to higher education. Our staff also recognise that individuals with disabilities are the best source of expertise about themselves and their needs. All students with disabilities should be able to participate as far as is reasonably practical in the educational and social activities we make available. Such students should be encouraged to expect equal treatment as individuals and that they and their work will be considered solely on the basis of their quality.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Coursework 1: How to carry out Head to Toe Physical Examination.
- Coursework 2: Clinical Competence Document (100% of module mark).
Laboratory activity – 16 hours
Lectures – 34 hours
Self-guided student activity – 150 hours
Total activity – 200 hours"