Health Psychology MScCoventry University
£ 5.799 - (6.927 €)
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Behaviour and social context can have a significant impact on health and it is the role of the health psychologist to examine this impact and identify any links between the two.
The Health Psychology MSc provides a thorough grounding in the theories, practice and application of health psychology.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This course has been developed with your future employability as its focus. By choosing to study at Coventry you will benefit from:
- a focus on teaching health psychology as a discipline with real-world application;
- guest speakers who can illustrate the variety of career paths open to health psychologists;
- use of a broad range of assessment methods;
- strong links with the Applied Research Centre in Health and Lifestyle Interventions;
- student collaboration with researchers in the Centre in Health and Lifestyle Interventions on their dissertations: some have even gone on to work there as researchers after graduation;
- opportunities for Stage Two training via independent production of a portfolio and British Psychological Society examination;
- the high profile of Health Psychology at Coventry University nationally.
This programme is accredited by the British Psychological Society. Fulfilling the Stage 1 requirements, counts towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist and obtaining Full Membership of the Division of Health Psychology with the British Psychological Society. Graduates of the programme who go on to successfully complete Stage 2 of the qualification in Health Psychology will be eligible to apply for registration with the UK Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Visit our Coventry Health Psychology blog.WHAT WILL I LEARN?
A distinctive feature of the course at Coventry University is the focus on the practical application of health psychology. We like to teach Health Psychology as a discipline with real-world application, not just as a dry academic subject. This is exemplified by the ‘Professional Skills’ module which is mainly taught by practitioners who currently work in applied health psychology settings.
Our guest speakers help to illustrate the variety of career paths open to health psychologists and, as some are graduates of our course, this also highlights the success of our graduates who have gone on to work in careers relating to health psychology.
The course is divided into four theory modules covering the key areas of the British Psychological Society Knowledge Base for Health Psychology, a module on Advanced Research Methods in Psychology, a module on Professional Practice and a dissertation."