Hydrogeochemical transport modeling with PHREEQC-2Dresdner Grundwasserforschungszentrum e.V.
- 8 Lehrstunden
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
The courses are intended to introduce the powerful capacity of PHREEQC for modeling practical hydrogeochemical problems. Lectures during the course provide an overview of the important processes in water quality. Hand and computer exercises from the 2nd edition of Appelo and Postma‘s ‚Geochemistry, Groundwater and Pollution form an integral part of the course.
During the course you will learn:
- How to model laboratory experiments, such as determination of exchangeable cations, oxidation of pyrite with surface complexation of heavy metals released.
- How to model hydrochemical reactions during artificial recharge, aquifer thermal energy storage, in situ iron removal.
- To deduce reaction patterns along groundwater flowlines via inverse modeling, incl. data uncertainties, isotopes.
- How to model any kinetic reaction, such as feldspar weathering, denitrification via sequential Monod kinetics.
The course fee is 2498,- € (early bird registration unteil April 30th, 2016: 2125,- €) and includes:
- a CD-ROM with PHREEQC-2, incl. source codes and the updated manual
- The 2nd edition of Appelo and Postma‘s ‚Geochemistry, Groundwater and Pollution‘ that is fully rewritten and updated with examples and exercises showing applications of PHREEQC-2
- specific course exercises, and the answers
- certificate of attendance
- refreshments and luncheons during the 5 days of the course
Seminar language is English.
For practical exercises desktop-PCs are provided – two participants share one PC.
Max. Participants in the course: 12.