IBM i Technical IntroductionIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 3 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You must be able to:
- Navigate IBM i menus
- Use common IBM i commands
- Use IBM i Help and IBM i Knowledge Center
- Use a Windows-based PC and navigate PC menus and windows
- Explain programming concepts
- Write a simple program in any programming language
This course is critical to your building a solid foundation of knowledge of the application development tools that you will be using on a day to day basis in your job as a programmer.
We do not cover all aspects of each and every tool. To do so would require two weeks.
For those areas where you want additional training, there are other courses that teach Control Language Programming and the RDi product.
This course is a prerequisite for all programming courses that follow. You should plan to learn as much as you can in class. Ask questions to clarify any misunderstandings. This is your class and the instructor is dedicated to maximizing your learning experience.
The exercises provide the student an opportunity to use and experiment with of the facilities t/08/ht in this course.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- Application Developer using RPG IV
- Application Developer using SQL
- Describe what application development tools are available
- Identify platforms where tools are used
- Describe the purpose and use of each tool
- Create a user profile, library, output queue, and job description
- Describe the key elements of Work Management, security, and device files
- Write a basic control language (CL) program to run application programs
- Define physical and logical files on the IBM i
- Create physical and logical files
- Use the basic features of the LPEX Editor to enter and maintain file definitions
- Use the basic features of the Screen Designer and Report Designer to design, create, and maintain displays and reports
- Use Interactive SQL and IBM i Navigator to create schema, tables, views, and indexes