IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager 6.3 Administration and ImplementationIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have:
- Basic UNIX and Linux operating skills needed for installation and maintenance activities used in the class. Ability to create users and groups, create and change permissions on directories, use FTP, and experience with text editors such as vi.
- Basic understanding of network device configuration process needed to understand what ITNCM is attempting to automate. Understand how to log into a network device, enter its configuration mode, and to save and install changes.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking protocol is needed to understand how ITNCM accesses devices. DNS name resolution, connection protocols (for example, SSH, telnet), and understanding typical issues preventing connectivity to servers is very useful in troubleshooting issues.
- Basic understanding of database technology is needed to help understand how data is stored and to understand scalability and data availability and resiliency.
This course provides a comprehensive set of skills needed to install, configure, operate, and manage the IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager (ITNCM) base solution for monitoring and modifying the configuration of multi-vendor enterprise network devices. You learn a structured set of topics that cover all aspects of the solution and how it supports the network configuration management environment. This training gives you access to virtualized servers and network devices and extensive exercises to demonstrate how the solution manages network devices and allows quality changes to device configurations into the network. Class work includes the installation and configuration of the software so that network discovery can run. Discussions describing the methods the solution uses for device management and its customization are included. Included in the courseware are details on device modeling technology and how it provides customers significant value over standard configuration management solutions.
Erfolge des Zentrums
- Describe the details of the scalable nature of the ITNCM architecture
- Describe the capabilities of the Application Programming Interface and the integration points into the Netcool solutions stack
- Operate the ITNCM graphical user interface to plan, approve, and implement network changes
- Implement the ITNCM security model to define user/group view, add, modify and delete rights within the network
- Describe the concepts of SmartModel technology and the added value it provides to configuration management systems
- Use the customization capabilities of ITNCM to allow it to access and manage network devices in the network
- Implement the ITNCM workflow to ensure all changes receive the correct level of approvals
- Describe the quality checks and rollback capabilities inherent in the ITNCM's configuration change processes
- Use the ITNCM device terminal to create secure and fully logged access to device's command line interfaces
- Design and create configuration change templates that offer advanced search and replace functionality
- Use out of band change technology to ensure devi