IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Fundamentals and Daily OperationsIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have basic Windows 2008 management skills.
This modular, self-paced course covers all the functions necessary to use IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1 in small to medium businesses. This class is for environments where storage administration is a part-time function. Learn how to protect your environment with minimal configuration by using default Tivoli Storage Manager settings when appropriate. Explore the tasks that are necessary for daily operations such as backing up and restoring critical files needed for recovery. These files include the Tivoli Storage Manager server database and recovery logs, storage pools, and client data. You also learn how to manage storage pool volumes, prepare removable media, and monitor events by using query commands and the Operations Center. The student exercises are written for Microsoft Windows 2008 64-bit.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Describe the basic components and concepts of Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Use different interfaces to interact with Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Describe the Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center functions.
- Perform the tasks that are associated with protecting the Tivoli Storage Manager database, recovery log, and client data.
- Automate and schedule server functions and client sessions.
- Work with storage media and devices.
- Prepare media for offsite storage.
- Describe client functions.
- Manage backup, restore, archive, and retrieve operations.
- Monitor daily operations.
- Optimize settings for small to medium businesses.