Implementing POWER6 and AIX 6.1 for POWER5/AIX 5L Administrators (SPVC)IBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is developed and owned by an IBM Authorized Global Training Provider: Avnet Inc.
Derivative Works Courses are developed by an IBM authorized Global Training Provider. The content of the course is based on IBM products and services. It offers skills or services that IBM does not offer in the course catalog today and are intended to compliment our existing portfolio. The course is developed by the Training Provider. IBM solely provides a market place to advertise the courses on our external websites, ibm.com/training and lists the Global Training Provider who owns the content.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
This course is designed to introduce the students to the features available with the new POWER6, Hardware Management Console (HMC) V7, and AIX 6 environment. This is accomplished by discussing the details associated with the POWER6 hardware and the AIX version 6 operating system. The hands-on labs provide additional exposure to the new environment.
- Discuss the POWER6 Hardware Architecture
- Explore the HMC Version 7 Interface
- Discuss and configure the new approaches to virtualization such as Workload Partitions and Live Application Mobility
- Discuss and configure virtualization enhancements such as Dedicated Shared Processor and Multiple Shared pools (if supported)
- Identify new security features
- Discuss continuous availability options such as storage keys, and concurrent AIX Kernel update