Implementing SmartCloud Storage AccessIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
Those attending this course are expected to have:
- Basic knowledge about the IBM Scale Out Network Attached Storage (SONAS) and/or V7000 Unified.
- Basic server and storage virtualization skills.
- Basic knowledge about network protocols and authentication methods.
- Ability to use the command line or GUI in Windows and Linux.
- Ability to work with an Internet browser.
- Basic knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center and Microsoft Active...
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
IBM SmartCloud Storage Access is an easy-to-deploy, simple-to-use software solution that features a self-service portal for storage provisioning, monitoring and reporting. It is designed to provide you with a self-service file-serving facility over the Internet. With a few clicks, you can create an account, provision storage and start uploading files. Administrators can easily monitor and report storage usage and can create different classes of storage for different users or departments within an organization.
The course gives an introduction to the target markets and features of the IBM SmartCloud Storage Access software solution. Storage administrators will learn how to install and configure the SCS-A appliance and the related infrastructure components, setup organizational structures as well as storage resources, and finally provision network drives. The course also covers the monitoring and reporting of cloud storage resources.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- Entry Cloud: Power
- Describe the major components and functions of the IBM SmartCloud Storage Access (SCS-A) software solution
- Install and configure the SCS-A portal
- Prepare and configure the related infrastructure components of the SCS-A ecosystem, including:
- Tivoli Storage Productivity Center with Storage Management API for Cloud
- Microsoft Active Directory Server
- Explain the concepts of cloud-based storage provisioning, including:
- Self-service web access
- Central user authentication
- Roles and approval cycles
- Accessing provisioned storage via network
- Usage and capacity reporting