IMS Database Performance and TuningIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should complete:
- IMS Physical Organization of Databases Workshop (U3722)
or have four to six months experience with the IMS database system.
For additional prerequisites visit our Web site and search on U3720.
- Describe the physical storage and processing characteristics of Hierarchial Indexed Sequential Access Method (HISAM), Hierarchial Indexed Direct Access Method (HIDAM), and Hierarchial...
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Learn how to tune Information Management System (IMS) databases for use in IMS/Batch, IMS/Data Communications (DC), CICS-Local-Data Language One (DL/I), and Data Base Control (DBCTL) environments.
Explore the IMS database features that affect performance such as data set considerations and buffers for VSAM and OSAM. You will also practice a method for estimating performance before implementation. Plus, you will reinforce the skills you have learned with seven machine labs.
IACET Continuing Education Units: 4.0
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- IMS System Programming
- IMS Database Administration
- Analyze performance data about the IMS database environment
- Choose IMS access methods that provide the best database performance
- Improve performance by selecting database buffer pools and buffer pool options and with the correct data set access method and storage attributes
- Implement the optimum performance options for VSAM data sets at define and execute time
- Evaluate the need for secondary indexes and select implementation options to improve their performance
- Choose physical database implementation options to improve performance
- Select HDAM randomizing parameters that can improve the key randomization process