IMS Fast Path (ILO)IBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should complete:
- IMS Fundamentals (CM010) or
- IMS Fundamental - Web (CMW01)
- or have equivalent moderate IMS knowledge through work experience
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Learn the features and functions of Information Management System (IMS) Fast Path from both a capability perspective and an implementation perspective.
There is something in this course for all Information Technology (IT) professionals, including applications, systems, and database practitioners. The instructor assumes that you already have an understanding of IMS Database/ Transaction Manager (DB/TM) fundamentals and that the information presented here builds upon that knowledge.
This course is taught in a Web conference medium with live instructor audio and Internet Web conferenced materials. You have chat type Questions and Answers (Q&A) ability, plus live audio. The course is taught 10 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Central Time for nine work days. Since the class is taught live using Web conferencing methods, you can attend from your home or workplace. Class durations are approximately one-half day so you can still accommodate daily work responsibilities.
You will be contacted the week prior to class start to receive connection information, hardcopy student materials, and any other relevant information.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- IMS System Programming
- IMS Database Administration
Erfolge des Zentrums
- Identify the components of IMS Fast Path
- Describe the features and functions of each component
- Explain the benefits and restrictions of each component
- Describe the processing of Fast Path resources within the IMS TM and DBCTL environment
- Design and implement an Expedited Message Handler (EMH) environment
- Design and implement Fast Path databases (Data Entry Database (DEDB) and Main Storage Data Base (MSDB))
- Implement High Speed Sequential Processing (HSSP)
- Implement the DEDB Virtual Storage Option (VSO)
- Plan and implement the conversion of MSDBs to VSO-DEDBs
- Develop an effective buffer pool strategy
- Implement database and system recovery in a Fast Path environment
- Implement data sharing for Fast Path DEDBs
- Understand the benefits of shared EMH
- Write application calls to Fast Path databases
- Design operator procedures for managing Fast Path resources