IMS Physical Organization of Databases - Web - ILOIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have basic understanding of IMS product features and organization along with working knowledge of z/OS tools, Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM) services utilities, and Job Control Language (JCL).
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Learn how to design, implement, reorganize, and recover Information Management System (IMS) databases. Practice these skills in intensive machine labs.
This course uses a Web conference medium with live instructor audio and Internet Web conferenced material. You have chat-type Question and Answer (Q and A) ability, plus live audio. The course is taught 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Central time for eight work days over a two-week period. Since the course is taught live using Web conferencing methods, you can attend from your home or work. Class durations are approximately one-half day so you can still accommodate daily work responsibilities. You will be contacted prior to class start to receive connection information, hardcopy student materials, and other relevant information.
You will be contacted prior to class start to receive connection information, hardcopy student materials, and other relevant information.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- IMS Database Administration
You will learn to:
- Code the Database Directories (DBD) and Program Specification Blocks (PSB) for physical databases
- Code the DBDs and PSBs to implement secondary indexing
- Use the appropriate IMS utilities to reorganize and recover physical databases, including those with secondary indexes
- Use the DL/I test program
- Prepare a job stream to load a database using different IMS access methods