Intercultural Coaching USADemos GmbH
- An 3 Standorten
- 8 Lehrstunden
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Working with Americans initially seems simple. We all know something about the American culture and the people seem to be so relaxed, laid back, and easy to get to know. The American culture appears to be so close to the German culture, especially when comparing it to Asian or Arab countries. Yet when it comes to serious business, managers often find working with Americans more difficult than anticipated and communication problems occur when least expected. This in turn can not only cause great frustration, but a major loss in money, time and energy. In this intensive one-day US intercultural training we will focus on specific American cultural information to help understand the perspective of partners and customers in the USA and improve relationships with them.
By the end of this practical one-day training, you will be able to:
- Understand specific aspects of American culture and its impact on international business
- Evaluate your own cultural background and understand its effect on the way you see Americans and the way others see you
- Move beyond stereotypes and understand important US cultural dimensions
- Identify and develop the qualities required for working effectively with the US-American partners.
During the course, you will participate in interactive sessions including discussions, exercises, and role plays. Because all of the information, discussions, and exercises will be in English, you will not only be able to practice your English, but also be able to learn some useful English vocabulary necessary for professional communication with international partners. The trainer is a native English speaker from the USA with years of intercultural and language training experience. By the end of the training, you will be able to better understand the U.S. American culture and the role it plays in the international business world.
- Culture, stereotypes, our own perceptions of right and wrong
- Specific cultural dimensions of the USA
- Hints and tips to improve communication with the USA
- Strategies for problem-solving, criticism, and conflict resolution in the USA