International Business Logistics MScCoventry University
£ 9.602 - (10.750 €)
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Business and Management
IT Project Management
Supply Chain Management
Supply and Chain Management
Skills and Training
The current business environment is now truly global with distribution and supply chains stretching across the globe.
Taking centre stage is Logistics, recognised as a distinct and strategically important function of international business, and key to supporting international trade, stimulating economic growth and enhancing business efficiency.
The MSc International Business Logistics is an exciting course for those wishing to enter this very dynamic environment. It helps students to prepare for work within the global logistic and supply chain industry in areas such as sourcing, transportation, inventory management, production planning and distribution.
Through a combination of taught modules, guest lectures, field trips and an internship/dissertation project, students have the opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge to address the managerial challenges and opportunities facing businesses within their logistics and supply chain operations.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
The MSc International Business Logistics focuses on international businesses and the management of their logistics and supply chain operations. The programme is therefore very business centric and students are taught fundamental and emerging concepts in supply chain management and logistics from a strategic business perspective.
In addition to taught modules, students have the opportunity to do a dissertation which matches specific career aspirations. Alternatively, the students have the opportunity to undertake a company internship (subject to meeting the criteria ) which provides the opportunity to apply skills and management theory in carrying out real projects in logistics and supply chain management for host organisations.
The course also offers a module on project management which can lead to the Prince2 foundation certificate in project management (subject to passing the required exam), used extensively by the UK Government and widely recognised in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally.Accreditations
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of current issues and recent developments in international business logistics and supply chain management.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and tools required to successfully manage logistic and supply chain activities.
- Study both practical and theoretical concepts of international logistics and supply chain management at an advanced level.
- Develop and enhance skills and knowledge acquired through previous study and experience, and develop a foundation for future advanced academic and professional careers with logistics or related industries.
- Enhance transferable and professional skills towards improving employment and career prospects.
The Mandatory (Compulsory) subjects are:
- Global Supply Chain and Logistics
- Quality Management and Business Excellence
- Business Process Integration
- Transportation and Distribution Management
- Demand Planning and Forecasting
- Strategic Outsourcing and Procurement
- International Business and Global Strategy
- Project Management Methodologies
In addition, you will need to complete 1 of the following options:
- Postgraduate Consultancy Project (subject to meeting the criteria1)