Introduction to Process Mining with ProM - Eindhoven University of TechnologyFutureLearn
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Process mining is a new and exciting field of data analytics, which enables you to analyse and visualise business processes and related behaviour based on event logs.
It provides a critical, process-centric perspective on information, which is not available with classical data mining or machine learning techniques. For example, you could use process mining to:
- analyse treatment processes in hospitals;
- improve customer service processes in a multinational organisation;
- understand the browsing behaviour of website visitors;
- examine the failures of a baggage handling system;
- or improve the user interface of an X-ray machine.
Explore process mining algorithms and techniques
In this free online course, we will explore a number of process mining algorithms and techniques, which can be differentiated into three categories:
1. Process discovery: taking an event log and producing a process model.
2. Conformance: checking that reality, as recorded in the event log, conforms to the model and vice versa.
3. Enhancement: extending or improving the process model, using information about the actual process that is recorded in an event log.
Turn real-life event logs into useful insights with ProM
We will explore these techniques within the free, open source process mining framework (ProM), making use of real-life event logs to demonstrate how you can extract data from different sources, and apply process mining to gain practical and useful insights.