Key Aspects of Employment & Labour Law in GermanyBildungswerk Der Nordrhein-Westfälischen Wirtschaft E.V.
- 15 Lehrstunden
Häufig gestellte Fragen
· Welche Ziele werden in diesem Kurs verfolgt?
Even excellent executives need to have a certain legal knowledge to avoid costly court cases and to ensure a larger employee satisfaction. They need to have an “early warning system” that tells them when to seek advice from the HR Department. Participants of this seminar will gain basic knowledge both of employment and labour law (Betriebsverfassung). Working language in this seminar is English.
· An wen richtet sich dieser Kurs?
Executives and line managers who have no or only basic knowledge of German employment law and industrial relations (English language skills are a prerequisite)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
- Individual Labour Law: Discrimination-free recruitment process · The basis of any employment and the employment contract · Employee or freelance worker? · Specific situation of agency workers · Fixed term employment · Rights/duties of employees/
employer · Supervisor’s right to give directions: empowerment and delegation · Disciplining process · Termination process: notice period, authorization, letter of reference
- Rights and Obligations Ensuing from the Employment Relationship: Anti-discrimination legislation and jurisprudence · Part time employment · Working hours as per collective agreement and hours of work act · Holiday entitlement and holiday schedule as per Federal Vacation Act · Data protection, data security and monitoring: internet and email use by employees · Employee issues during the course of the due
diligence exercise · Maternity leave and parental leave · Nursing care
- Collective Labour Law: Betriebsrat involvement: role, tasks and rights of the works council · Collective Bargaining Agreements