Leadership and Management MACoventry University
£ 3.200 - (3.791 €)
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
If you’d like to know more about our courses, tweet us with your questions! #AskCU— Coventry University (@covcampus) September 26, 2012 OVERVIEW
This part-time course is designed for those who wish to pursue their career and research interests in leadership and management. Focussed and pragmatic, the MA forms the apex of our suite of management programmes. At this level, middle to senior managers are expected to develop the ability to reflect on their management practice. This enables them to “learn to learn” effectively and apply this skill repeatedly when confronting and researching complex management issues.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- flexibility to tailor research to suit organisational industry requirements;
- all the assignments and projects address real life issues and involve action plans for helping the individual and the organisation to achieve their goals;
- minimum time away from the workplace;
- student support from tutors and peers as well as access to our Centre for Academic Writing;
- extensive use of virtual learning environments through a blended learning approach;
- 100% coursework based assessments;
- support for research methods will be provided as required through course residential workshops and study days, extensive web-based resources and personal project supervisors.
These courses are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect new developments and the requirements of the profession, needs of industry and government legislation.
The modular content of the Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma includes:
- your personal development needs as a leader and manager;
- the introduction to and application of management and leadership theory and operational considerations to your organisation;
- understanding the strategic implications of leadership and management;
- understanding the importance of reflective practice and self-regulation.
The MA includes:
- the development of a project proposal;
- a 10,000 word dissertation research project.
The cornerstone of the MA is a research project that addresses a workplace or industry-focused topic.HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
During each semester the students will attend two mandatory residentials, the first over three days, the second over two days.
Students are taught using a variety of means including residential tutorials, skills workshops, discussion groups, study groups, moodle discussion fora, self-directed study, reading, case study analysis, online activities and one-to-one discussions with tutors (in particular during dissertation supervision meetings).
This blended approach to teaching and learning has been designed with consideration to the students working life, therefore residentials and study days span over weekends to minimise time away from the workplace, the use of online resources adds further to the flexibility of the course delivery.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
This course is 100% coursework based using a variety of written assignments, portfolios and research projects.TEACHING CONTACT HOURS
During each semester the students will attend two mandatory residentials, the first over three days, the second over two days. Therefore a total of approximately 70 hours of classroom based teaching contact per year. This does not include additional online support, study groups or personal tutor/supervisor sessions which are arranged flexibly taking into consideration students full time working responsibilities."