Managing Decisions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5IBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 5 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have:
- Experience with identifying and defining business policies and rules
- A basic understanding of business models
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
An updated version of this course is available. For more information, click M anaging Decisions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.6 (WB391G).
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course Managing Decisions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5 (ZB386G). This option does not require any travel.
This 5-day instructor-led course introduces business analysts to IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5.You learn the concepts and skills that are necessary to capture, author, validate, and manage business rules with Operational Decision Manager.
IBM Operational Decision Manager provides a complete platform for managing business rules by helping to automate and govern decisions across processes and applications. Version 8.5 introduces the decision governance framework, which provides prescriptive tools for managing decision governance.
This course focuses on the iterative nature of working collaboratively with business policy experts and development teams on rule projects. Through instructor-led presentations, product demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of Operational Decision Manager. You also receive intensive training in modeling business rule vocabulary, rule discovery, rule authoring, and rule governance and management. The course uses realistic scenarios and a case study to illustrate the principles and good practices for discovering, analyzing, and authoring business rules.
The course begins with an overview of Operational Decision Manager and the modeling concepts that are related to business rule applications. You work with Unified Modeling Notation (UML) to document use cases and draw class diagrams. You also work with real-life business models, use cases, and business policies during the rule discovery and analysis labs. After learning how to transform business policy into rules, you learn how to write rules in Decision Center and Rule Designer.
This course covers rule authoring topics such as working with conditions, defining variables for definition statements, and creating decision tables and decision trees. You then learn how to create queries and reports, and you also learn how to run tests and simulations with Decision Validation Services.
In addition, the course covers Decision Center management features, such as permission management, version control, baselines, and multiple release management of business rule projects. You learn how to identify governance issues and use the Operational Decision Manager decision governance framework to support decision governance and rule management.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows 2008 Server platform.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website: ibm.com/training
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- Business Analyst Skills for IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5
Über 92% der Teilnehmer/innen erreichen ihr Lehrgangsziel in der vorgegebenen Zeit. Hochqualifizierte Dozenten vermitteln den aktuellen Stand des Wissens in zahlreichen Themenfeldern.
Die Qualität unserer Weiterbildungen ist durch zusätzliche Zertifizierungen wie SAP, Microsoft und LCCI belegt. Unsere Teilnehmer/innen erhalten zu Beginn der Fortbildung ein Welcome-Package.
- Describe the benefits of implementing an Operational Decision Manager solution, and the collaboration that is required between the business and development teams
- Identify the main user roles that are involved in designing and developing an Operational Decision Manager solution, and the tasks that are associated with each role
- Explain modeling concepts and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) notation that is relevant to modeling for business rules and events
- Define and implement object models for business rules
- Use good practices to discover and analyze business rules for implementation
- Set up the rule authoring environment in Designer by working with rule projects, and synchronizing across development and business environments
- Customize the vocabulary that is used in rules
- Use the Operational Decision Manager rule editors to author business rules and decision tables
- Run tests and simulations in Decision Center to validate decision logic and rule changes
- Use various Decision Center features that support project management, such as permission management, version