Managing Internal and External Culrural Diversity (London)HRODC Postgraduate Training Institute
In Central London (Grossbritannien)
£ 4.000 - (4.619 €)
- Central london (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Course Contents, Concepts and Issues
- Communication: a definition
- When is communication effective?
- The role of the communication initiator
- Modes of transmission of communication
- Timing of communication
- Non verbal communication
- Intentional and unintentional communication
- Kinesics as communication
- Kinesiology as communication
- The counterveiling effects of kinesics and kinesiology
- Improving organisational communication through an enhanced understanding of kinesics and kinesiology
- Importance of communication in organisations
- Communication and work process information
- Communication and policy initiatives
- Communicating strategic, tactical and operational strategies
- Communicating problems and seeking advice
- Subsystem communication
- Organisation wide communication
- Communication and organisational control
- Communication and decision formulation and implementation
- Information dissemination as a factor of effective communication
- Communication and resource allocation
- Communication barriers -
- Organisational hierarchy
- Boss consciousness
- Technical language
- Technical data
- Power distance emotion
- Organisational Culture
- Task Culture
- Power cultures
- The relationship between organisational culture and organisational structure.
- Methods of communication
- Oral Verbal
- Electronic (Coputer Aided) Communication
- Selective perception
- National Language
- Cultural differences
- Miss-management of multiculturalism
- Gender differences
- Conflict between body language and spoken words
- Efforts to avert or eliminate communication barriers
- The type and level of communication that each organisational culture encourages
- The extent to which particular organisational cultures encourage or impair communication
- Discrimination as social identity
- Understanding and dealing with sentience.
- The effectiveness of the British legislation in protecting the rights of the disadvantaged groups.
- Gender disparity in organisations:
- An analysis of the status of women in the workplace
- Diversity mismanagement and its consequence for organisational survival:
- Some case examples
- Beyond equal opportunities:
- Towards diversity management
- Diversity management and effective human resource utilization.
- Constitution of committees and task forces.
- Gate keeping:
- Avoiding ‘resonation'
- Utilizing marketing intelligence.
- Activities necessary for an effective management of organisational diversity:
- Managing organisational culture
- Ensuring human resource management system is bias free
- Managing diversity through:
- Managing diversity in:
- Creating a higher career involvement of women:Eliminating dual career routes
Payment options: Payments need to be made two weeks prior to course start.