Manual Therapy MScCoventry University
£ 6.930 - (8.153 €)
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
If you’d like to know more about our courses, tweet us with your questions! #AskCU— Coventry University (@covcampus) September 26, 2012 OVERVIEW
This well-established, clinically focused course has been designed to enable physiotherapists and sports therapists to develop and extend their knowledge and skills in order to provide advanced management of patients with neuromusculoskeletal disorders and to assist in the delivery of effective health care services.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
The course aims to advance students' professional practice, preparing them for senior and specialist roles within the neuromusculoskelatal physiotherapy and sports therapy fields.
The course aims to equip students with a foundation in the critical analysis of current manual therapy practice and the underpinning evidence. Students' problem solving, evaluative and clinical skills will be challenged and developed to an advanced level ensuring a sound, effective and reasoned approach to clinical practice. Innovation of thought and practice are encouraged, supporting the development of clinical leadership skills.
The course integrates the many diverse approaches currently employed in the management of neuromusculoskeletal patients and places a strong emphasis on manual skills and mentored clinical practice allowing the student to develop confidence and expertise in this area.
On successful completion of the course, students will gain an academic qualification and those on the MACP route will also be eligible for full membership of the Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MACP) thus gaining a further professional qualification.
The course provides:
- a flexible learning pathway: you can tailor your route through the course to suit your needs and those of your workplace;
- equal emphasis on theoretical and practical elements of manual therapy;
- teaching excellence: all of our tutors are experts in their field;
- an enriched learning experience: nationally renowned specialists are invited to lecture on the course;
- an excellent range of clinically relevant option modules: you can shape your programme of study to your own personal or professional needs;
- a high level of mentored clinical practice: skills and knowledge gained on the course can be applied in practice (MACP route only);
- career enhancement;
- an academic and professional qualification.
After successfully completing this course, you will gain:
- a deep and extensive knowledge of the current theories, approaches and research evidence, which underpin contemporary manual therapy practice;
- a high level of clinical reasoning skills essential to advanced practice including reflection, analysis and self-evaluation;
- the ability to critically appraise the current evidence base for clinical practice;
- expertise in the assessment and management of neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction;
- a sound working knowledge of research methodologies and their application;
- a high level of communication skills essential for specialist roles and for working within a multidisciplinary team;
- an understanding of the importance of clinical outcome measures in the development and justification of professional knowledge and clinical practice;
- increased confidence in the management of musculoskeletal disorders;
- clinical expertise within the musculoskeletal field.
The Manual Therapy programme of study consists of three awards:
- MSc Manual Therapy (180 credits);
- Postgraduate Diploma in Manual Therapy (120 credits);
- Postgraduate Certificate in Manual Therapy (60 credits).
The course is available either as full-time study, or as a part-time course where you study up to 5 years."