Master Finance for Your Business - University of CambridgeDigital Business Academy
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Financial Management Tools
First and foremost, you’ll learn that the finance you need to understand in order to launch a successful venture is not difficult, complicated or boring! A few basic but very powerful concepts are all you need to get started so we’ll be focussing on these. Additional sources will be signposted for those who want to take things further, but these are optional.
The course is divided into two parts, the first deals with key concepts, financial planning and control, the second with raising money. Specifically, you will learn about:
- Key financial concepts and terminology
- Basic profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Ownership structures and how to divide equity (shares) in a start-up fairly between founding team members
- The importance of bootstrapping
- What is financial reporting requirements and how to select advisors
- How to do a cash flow forecast
- How to manage cash flow and get paid on time
- The basics of financial monitoring and control
- Digital financial management tools
- What type of money to raise at different stages of the business
- Using cash flow forecasts to determine at what time points funding is required and how much at each stage
- Valuation methods for pre-cash flow new ventures
- The process and timescale of raising capital
- The funding landscape
- How to write a business plan
- Pitching for investment, raising capital and finance for start-ups
- Structuring equity investments
- Negotiating terms with investors
- Using crowd funding platforms
The course is delivered using plain language and plenty of real-life examples. We have tried, wherever possible, to prune out unnecessary detail so you’ll only be learning what you actually need.
- You’ll learn from early stage entrepreneurs, investors and experienced advisors, many of whom share their (expensive) mistakes and hard won experience.
- You will learn how to apply straightforward but very powerful financial concepts that will improve the profitability and financial resilience of any business
- In each section there are short exercises which help you to practice and apply what you’ve learnt