Measurement and Interpretation of Pulmonary FunctionAnglia Ruskin University
£ 9.250 - (10.957 €)
- Cambridge (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Get an overview of pulmonary function testing and data interpretation from our course. Teaching includes concepts of measurement in dynamic and static lung volumes, gas transfer factor and respiratory muscle function.
The background physiology will be explored and the impact of disease investigated. You will learn about airway pharmacology and reversibility testing. A significant amount of time will be dedicated to the interpretation of pulmonary function results, with regular cases being presented and discussed.
- Introduction and Anatomy and Histology
- Dynamic Lung Volumes
- Airway Reversibility and Pharmacology
- Methods of Delivering Inhaled Medication
- Overview of Ventilatory Defects
- Mechanics of Ventilation
- Respiratory Muscles and their Assessment
- Gas Analyser Use in the Pulmonary Function Laboratory
- Static Lung Volumes
- Gas Exchange, Transport and Blood Gas Status
- Measurement of Gas Transfer
- Verbal feedback regarding Patch 1 submission
- Rationale for Testing: Asthma and COPD
- Rationale for Testing: Extrathoracic Restriction and Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Patch 2: Presentations
- Skills Assessment