Metrology FoundationCoventry University
Preis auf Anfrage
- Foundation degree
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
If you¹d like to know more about our courses, tweet us with your questions!— CovUniEC (@CovUniEC) July 15, 2014 OVERVIEW
The world’s first and only Foundation Degree in Metrology is a vocational qualification that has been developed in collaboration with employers to ensure that the learning and skills acquired are those that employers need.
The programme is designed to introduce you to the principles and practices of metrology in the workplace. The course aims to develop your understanding of different measurement systems across national and international standards, and to develop your working knowledge of measurement methods and applied uncertainty for measurement and calibration.
The Foundation Degree in Metrology has an annual September start date.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Improved company performance, productivity and innovation
- Developing, up-skilling staff and improving retention
- Helping develop staff in line with an organisation’s strategic direction
- An enhanced contribution by employees to company performance, productivity and innovation developing transferable skills, enhancing contributions from employees
- Process capability improvement
- Flexible entry requirements - students do not necessarily need traditional academic qualifications to gain entry onto a Foundation level programme
- Studied on a part time basis which can integrate with work commitments
- Achieve the National Physical Laboratory’s Dimensional Measurement Training award at Levels 1 and 2
- Provides a recognised professional qualification
- Contributes to your continuing professional development
To successfully complete the course you will need to complete 12 modules over 2 years. Year 1 involves 11 days of tuition; Year 2 involves 12 days of tuition. Nominally you will attend two lectures/practical sessions per module (on consecutive days where possible), supported with independent work related study and coursework. Integration of your work activity will be encouraged to enhance your learning.
Level One Short Modules
- Study Skills;
- Introduction to Metrology;
- Mathematics for Metrology;
- Engineering Science for Metrology;
- Standards and Traceability in Metrology;
- Measurement Methods for Metrology.
Level Two Modules
- Uncertainty in Measurement;
- Measurement Systems;
- Professional Practice in Metrology 1;
- Professional Practice in Metrology 2;
- Metrology Project (Double Module).
Please note: if you have not already attended the Dimensional Measurement (NPL) Level 1 course (3 days) and the Level 2 course (4 days) we would require you to attend one of our open courses within the first academic year."