MOHID Water ModellingDresdner Grundwasserforschungszentrum e.V.
- Praktisches Seminar
- 10 Lehrstunden
Häufig gestellte Fragen
The MOHID Water basic training package is aimed at graduate and post-graduate students, scientists, engineers and professionals who develop their research/work in projects related to surface water bodies as the ocean, coastal areas, estuaries reservoirs and other aquatic systems, both in physics, biology, chemistry, ecology and environmental sciences or water quality.
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
MOHID Water Modelling System (www.mohid.com) is an integrated numerical modelling system that consists of two main numerical simulation models:
(i) MOHID Water – applicable to surface water bodies (ocean, coastal areas, estuaries, reservoirs and lakes) and
(ii) MOHID Land – applicable to watersheds.
The MOHID Water basic training package is directed at graduation and post-graduation students, scientists, engineers and professionals that develop their research/work in projects related with the ocean, coastal areas, estuaries and other aquatic systems, both in physics, biology, chemistry, ecology and environmental sciences or water quality.
The training course is designed to be practical and aims to provide the student an introduction about using MOHID Water model and support tools and its capabilities in simulating aquatic systems.
Program (7.7.2014 - 11.7.2014)
- Day 1 – Introduction, general overview and applications of MOHID. MOHID Studio installation;
- Day 2 – MOHID Studio: Data Files, Pre-processing, Post-processing, main options, visualization;
- Day 3 – Hydrodynamics and transport: basic concepts, finite volumes, geometry, initial and boundary conditions, advection-diffusion, sinks and sources;
- Day 4 – Hydrodynamics and transport: discharges, lagrangian approach, water quality, sediment transport, reservoir modelling, etc;
- Day 5 – Water Quality and biogeochemistry: basic concepts and applications, cycles and processes, pelagic and benthic dynamics and interaction
- specific course exercises, and the answers
- fully working, professional license for MOHID Studio, valid for 6 months
- certificate of attendance
- refreshments and luncheons during the 5 days of the course